Fairly soon the Surf Side will see the light of day. As soon as some parts get here and I get the door back on. I have fixed the Bargman door latch, but I need a better key made
I built up welds and re shaped the latch to the original shape. May need some adjustments after I install it. I did not like the hinges I bought months ago ( loose pin) and they are too small. So I order a new (bigger) set. New curtains are being made with a reflective liner.
Adding a bit of color is a good thing. It’s Slowly coming to completion.
One more change I made was the spare tire holder. I got a new one that is higher on the bumper because I was worried the spare would touch the ground. Now I’m fighting with the door fit a bit … I did get the Bargman latch re keyed with two keys.
Yup.. Dog gone Door.. Fitting these is hard.. I’m getting to the point where I give up.. You get the hing side lined up perfect.. you get the gap around the door to be even … And then the latch side will not line up and the bottom is out too much. Gerrrrr. I Shimmed the door hinges and got a better fit.. So I’m happy again.
Cut loose from the Garage !
And out on the road.. tows great no issues except the front curtain rod bounced off ! You have to make sure there are no loose things …
99.9 % done.. Just a few little details.. But it’s going to live outside now. And it’s up for sale.. To be replaced by a bit bigger conventional trailer with a bathroom and a bedroom. I will start a post for that trailer…
Sold ! off to a new home in BC.